We offer a PhD contract for a highly motivated student holding a master degree in Physics, Electronics Engineering or similar. The goal of the project is to develop superconducting circuits based on Josephson junctions and exploit them to read-out and scale up hybrid quantum architectures. The main activities planned are:
- Development of parametric quantum amplifiers to read-out spin states of magnetic nanostructures coupled to superconducting resonators
- Development of tuneable coherent couplers between different superconducting resonators
- Demonstrate in the lab quantum entanglement and coherent communication between two or more magnetic nanostructures coupled to different resonators on a chip.
The successful candidate will join the highly dynamical QMAD group (https://www.qmad.es/) at INMA, a joint research centre of CSIC and the University of Zaragoza. He will take part of two international projects led by this team: FET-OPEN FATMOLS (http://fatmols.unizar.es/) and ERC grant QFaST, benefitting from a strong network of top-level collaborations.
The contract can be extended up to 48 months. The gross salary is about 20.000 €/year.
Interested candidates are expected to show a strong interest in experimental research in the field of quantum technologies. They are invited to submit:
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- The electronic contact details of a potential referee.